History

In 1883, the Bellora – Careghini  company is created in Fagnano Olona, near Varese, in the area that was then known as “the Italian textile district”.

In 1933, Commendatore Giuseppe Bellora decides to separate from his brothers, all of which will  become textile businessmen, and founds his own company, Giuseppe Bellora SpA; initially with factories in Fagnano Olona and Ossona (Varese), it specializes from the very beginning in the production of linen fabrics.

At the beginning of the 60’s the second generation of Bellora family enters the company and starts to bring in new ideas, introducing besides the classic fabrics also manufactured  products, in particular to supply the Military (Italian Army, Navy and Aviation).  He also starts to diversify the production of fabrics within an industry that was in strong expansion, the clothing industry. From 1965 the Bellora products become “a must have” for wedding trousseau in Southern Italy, especially in the Sicily and Campania regions.

In the 70’s Bellora is one of the three European leaders in the production of linen fabrics with over 150 looms and an annual production of approximately 3.500.000 meters of linen.

Again in the 70’s and 80’s Bellora works for one of the most important steps for the company’s development, starting up the manufacturing department of Home and Industry Textiles.

At the end of the 70’s,  Bellora creates and manufactures for the first time the famous “waffle style”, a special fabric manufacturing process that will become one of the most popular and well known processes in the world of bath textiles.

In 1987, a new generation of the Bellora family enters the company.  During those years a strategic turn is taken, transforming the company into a high targeted business in the manufacturing and distribution of home textiles.

In 1991, the first Bellora full collection of home textiles is created. The following year, the Bellora factory shop opens in Fagnano Olona, the first retail point, which is still today one of the most typical stores of the brand, for its charm and historic value.

In 2003 Riello Investimenti, a Private Equity Fund enters the Bellora Company with a new management team. Bellora starts developing the retail segment with the opening of brand stores.

In 2005 Bellora ventures to the Hotellerie & Leisure market, supplying to small luxury, charm boutique hotels and luxury shipbuilding.

In 2007 the Private Equity Fund leaves the company.  Himatsingka Seide Ltd enters the Bellora company as majority shareholder, holding 70% of the company’s shares. The Himatsingka Group is a vertically integrated Home Textile major with a Global presence.

In 2014 the Himatsingka Group acquires the remaining 30% share-holding, becoming the only shareholder, within a strategy which is focused on the global expansion of the Bellora brand, a synonym of luxury home textiles, high quality products and Made in Italy.
History
History
History
History
History
History
Share on: facebook share twitter share google+ share pinterest share
Sigla.com - Internet Partner